Hey Beauties! In my previous post I told you I was away because I was in the process of moving, but now that things have settled down quite a bit more I wanted to share some of the tips that I had after this experience.
- Organize beforehand- No one likes clutter, so why bring the junk and things you’ve been holding onto to your new house. It also makes is easier to unpack once you get to you new place. While you are at it go ahead and donate things you aren’t using to someone who can really use them.
- Call ahead for pricing – Whether you are using your local movers or doing what I did (having a couple of friends and my boyfriend rent a truck and move the stuff ourselves) you want to make sure you call ahead and budget properly so that aren’t hit with any surprises when it’s actually time for you to move.
- Clean – If you are able to get your keys early to your new apartment or home try to go in and do some cleaning before you actually move in. I just moved into an apartment and I know I can be a little OCD and I like things clean, but I unfortunately wasn’t able to get in any earlier and do any cleaning.
- Don’t wait – I know that moving is a tiring process but please don’t wait too long to unpack. I know when I moved everybody was hot and tired already. We waited a day and the following day I started to unpack because once again I’m a little OCD and I couldn’t stand seeing all of the boxes and bins everywhere. But if you aren’t OCD like me and don’t mind a lttle mess than you have to do what’s best for you.
- RELAX – This is the most important piece of advice that I could give. When I moved I was so excited because this was my first apartment but I was so stressed because we didn’t start on time. We had to move picking the moving truck up to the next day. Needless to say it was a very stressful weekend for me, but when I finally got time to relax on Monday(ha!) I could sit back and laugh and realize that everything works out. So if this is your first move or if you’ve done this before remember to breath and relax. Things are going to go wrong but it will be okay!
If you have any tips or suggestions for moving, please let me know! I’m sure it will be really helpful to me in the future and to others who are moving currently.